Retina scan 25/03/2013
A retina scan is a diagnostic test that, like a photograph, provides an image of the back of the eye or retina. This procedure can be used to detect different illnesses that affect the retina, such as age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy or retinitis pigmentosa.
A retina scan, which only requires the application of collyria to dilate the pupil, is a simple, painless, useful and safe test.
· Posterior vitrectomy / vitreoretinal keyhole surgery
· Central serous choroidopathy
· Epiretinal membrane or macular pucker
· Vitreomacular traction syndrome
· Proliferative diabetic retinopathy
Dr. Jordi Monés, M.D., Ph.D.
COMB Medical license number: 22.838
Doctor of Medicine and Surgery
Specialist in Ophthalmology
Specialist in Retina, Macula and Vitreorretinal