Confidentiality Policy and Data Protection
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, we provide you with the following detailed information related to the processing of personal data:
Data and contact details of the entity responsible for the processing of data:
- INSTITUT DE LA MÀCULA, SL
- C/ Vilana 12, C-90
- 08022 Barcelona
- Tel.: 93 595 0155
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purposes of data processing
The INSTITUT DE LA MACULA processes the information that people provide us for the following purposes:
- The management of any type of application, suggestion or request about our professional services made by the persons concerned;
- Marketing communications: The use of personal data to inform customers of activities, articles of interest and general information about our services via email.
Criteria for data retention
Marketing communications: Any person can unsubscribe from these communications at the following email address: email@example.com
- All other data will be kept for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes described above.
The legal basis for the processing of data is the consent of the persons concerned to:
- The processing and management of any request for information or consultation about our activities;
- The sending of marketing communications carried out by the INSTITUT DE LA MÀCULA.
Personal data is not transferred to third parties, except when required by legal provision. There is also no international transfers of data to third countries.
Source of data
Personal data is obtained directly from the persons concerned and from our collaborators. The categories of personal data that our collaborators provide us are the following:
- Identification data;
- Postal and electronic addresses;
- Data concerning a customer’s own health.
Right of Access, Rectification and Cancellation: Any person has the right to obtain confirmation of whether or not the INSTITUT DE LA MÀCULA is processing personal data concerning them. Persons concerned have the right to access their personal data, as well as to request the rectification of inaccurate data and, where appropriate, to request its deletion when, among other reasons, the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
Right of Restriction and Objection: In certain circumstances, the persons concerned may request the restriction of the processing of their data, in which case it will only be kept for the exercise or defence of claims. In certain circumstances and, for reasons related to their particular situation, a person may object to the processing of their data. The INSTITUT DE LA MÀCULA will cease processing the data in this case, except on compelling legitimate grounds or for the exercise or defence of possible claims.
These rights may be exercised through data protection channels.
Updates and modifications
The INSTITUT DE LA MÀCULA reserves the right to modify and/or update the information provided on its data protection policy, when necessary, for proper compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation. Should any changes occur, the new text will be published on this page, providing access to the current policy. In each case, the relationship with the user will be governed by the established regulations, from the precise moment the user first accesses the website.